Big Accomplishments for Suncoast Science Center!
February 21, 2020
• Sold out for the fourth year in a row, serving 180 students that represented 12 Sarasota and Manatee area schools and the homeschool community.
• School-sponsored teams have increased to include 24 teams from Fruitville Elementary, Wilkinson Elementary, Sarasota School of Arts and Sciences and Visible Men Academy.
• 20 volunteers gave over 1,000 volunteer hours to support the program including 5 months of planning by the high school student committee.
• Provided 41 workshops for participants teaching topics including CorelDraw, Vinyl cutter, Laser cutter, 3D Printer, Foam cutter, Soldering LEDs and more. We also provided opportunities and space for team brainstorming and planning.
• Successfully ran 16 summer camp sessions for 4-8th grade students.
• 11 of 16 camp sessions (69%) of summer camps were student-run (SPEC students developed themes, created curriculum, prototyped projects, trained volunteers and led the camp sessions.)
• Filled 187 of 193 available summer camp participant spots.
• Expanded to offer new camp themes including Building Your Brand, Brainbenders Math, Girls Who Craft and Coding & Game Design.
• Recruited 30 new volunteers representing 10 high schools, a broad increase from 2018.
• Volunteers gave 2,445 total hours to support summer camps.
• Implemented camp-specific training sessions for volunteers so they were ready to help in each camp session.
• Developed robust process to assess the program and garner feedback from various perspectives including campers, parents, instructors and volunteers.
Congratulations to Southeastern Guide Dogs!
May 10, 2019
If you haven’t seen this short animated film created for Southeastern Guide Dogs, you’re missing out! ‘Pip’ earned a film festival award for being one of the “most artistic, creative and effective branded content films, from YouTube videos to long-form documentaries,” according to the Brand Film Festival website.
Check out the short film here:
You can also read about the real puppy behind the film and learn how you can support Pip’s big dream and Southeastern Guide Dogs here: https://www.guidedogs.org/blog/pip-the-real-puppy/
We are proud to support an organization that does amazing and important work while producing such innovative marketing!